Tuesday 23 March 2010

Figureheads

While Bursledon may be short on local shops (see my post The Butcher, The Baker) we do have a very fine sculptor and carver of ships figureheads - Glyn Foulkes.

Glyn is well know locally for his rowing and sculling skills, his is usually the boat to beat in the Bursledon Regatta.

I only recently found out that Glyn had carved the figurehead outside my favourite pub, the Jolly Sailor, in fact I found out from a post on Musings from a Muddy Island where Juliette had spotted Glyn working on a figurehead of Lord Nelson at the London Boat Show.



Have a look at Glyn's web site where there are some fine examples of his work, I especially like the Leopard wind vane he did for Sackville College.



1 comment:

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks