Monday 27 December 2010

More Gaffers

Just a collection of interesting gaffers I've spotted in the local yards over the past few months.

This one turned up at the start of the season, I've seen her around the Solent but don't really know much about her, she has the look of a smack with that low stern.

Next up is a west country boat, I chatted to the owner who's been restoring her for some time, but sadly have lost the scribbled notes I made. I think she's a Falmouth working boat, her hull shape certainly suggests she would make a powerful oyster dredger and load carrier.

And finally something a bit more modern, I've written about this turbo gaffer before, apparently she is designed and built by a local shipwright and ashore for some modification to her keel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks