Sunday 13 November 2011

Fresh Air Therapy

I've been away on business and for over a week I'd seem little more than the inside of hotel rooms, offices and airports, so arriving home late Saturday afternoon I was determined to get out in the fresh air for some exercise.



Even so it was a big effort to drag myself out of bed on Sunday and the morning was well under way as I ran down my usual route along the Hamble River.



My legs felt like sticks of rhubarb and running was exhausting, but as I struggled along the river the sun was already creeping above the trees on the eastern shore bathing the moored boats in a glorious saturated light.



I arrived home exhausted but happy and ready for a hearty breakfast

1 comment:

  1. Rhubarb? So they were slightly tangy and celery-like in structure? Great simile.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks