Friday 20 December 2013

Bursledon Wordle

Sometimes it take a bit of time for the high tech to reach these parts of the river, or more often the truth is they sometime slip past unnoticed on the flood tide. Whatever the reason I was recently forced into using Wordle at work and though I'd have a play at BB.

For those who may be equally unfamiliar, Wordle is described as "a toy for generating “word clouds” from text. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently ".

So here's the Bursledon Blog Wordle. whether it scans the whole blog or just current postings isn't clear, but it's quick and easy to use


I was curious why Greg featured so prominently, but a quick search through the posts revealed multiple references to local boat builder Greg and his very fast gaffer the Flugal and another Greg from the east coast, owner of the sloop Black Diamond  .

And just to prove that my lack of trust in technology is perhaps justified, the" google blog search gadget" has stopped working - if anyone knows how to fix it please let me know.


4 comments:

  1. This could be a bit disconcerting for a writer, since word repetition is deadly. I don't see doryman in that matrix, must be some error.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure that Wordle only uses your most recent posts. I tried it on my blog URL and one of the most prominent words was Vanessa, the subject of a recent post but not mentioned at all anywhere else on the blog.

    Thanks for the inspiration for my wordle today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice the presence of the word "sex"! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well spotted Steve - a quick google shows that I seem to use the Sex pistols as a historical reference.

    http://bursledonblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/unintended-consequences.html

    http://bursledonblog.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/back-in-day.html

    http://bursledonblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/internet-profile.html

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks