Thursday 11 September 2014

Way On Down

The big harvest moon on Tuesday night signalled some big tides and sure enough, running down the river at 6.00 AM this morning the river was at the lowest level I've seen all year. By lunch time I'm sure the pathway will be flooded and impassable.


Out in the Solent the extreme low water will expose the Bramble Bank, a normally submerged sand bank between Cowes on the Isle of Wight and the mainland (or north island as the folks down there like to call it). A friend of mine has gone out for the annual game of cricket on the Bramble Bank this morning, start time was around 6. AM so it's likely to be a short match between daylight and the tide coming back.


 Above that's what your average mud mooring looks like, and below it's not often that Hamble based boats take the ground. It will all be back to normal by the time I'm write this.


Apologies for the poor photo quality they were taken with my Motorola Moto G but it could of course just me user error and I have it on the wrong settings.

Listening to Elvis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks