Wednesday 3 January 2018

Bath

We visited Bath for a literary event to see Diary of a Whimpy Kid author Jeff Kinney. Not having read the collected works, I left Joseph and Erica at the event and went for a walk around the famous city.


Walking from where I parked out of town, close by the entrance to Sydney Gardens I disturbed a kingfisher who flew along the canal for a short way and then perched safely on the other bank as I passed.


The centrepiece and main attraction is Pulteney Bridge, built in 1774 to a design by Robert Adam in the Palladian style, it has shops built across its full span on both sides and fantastic views from both downstream banks.

2 comments:

  1. ...one of my favourite places in the whole wide world... Mrs Steve the Wargamer and I visit for a couple of nights every Christmas - have done for 20+ years now... can't wait to go back again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs BB is a native, but we don,t get there very often now her parents have moved out near Longleat way. A weekend break beckons.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS - If you would like a reply to your comment please leave your email address

Thanks